C64 is the first computer produced for home use. It was introduced in the consumer market in the year of 1982. Back then, there were many games and programs produced for C64. These games were the prime leisure of the generation for that time. You can still experience the vintage games on your computer if you use the C64 emulator Windows 10. This emulator is produced by Vice and it is also called Vice emulator. You will experience the same things as the generation in 1982 has experienced. So, you must keep reading for more.
- 1 Vice: Best commodore 64 Emulator For Windows 10
- 2 How to use the Vice C64 emulator On Windows 10?
Vice: Best commodore 64 Emulator For Windows 10
It is an open-source emulator for the cult “Bread box” C64. You can use it for other Commodore computers like C64DTV, C128, VIC120, all PET models, PLUS4, and C160. This emulator shows the old computer screen on your computer. This way, you can see how the old computers were used. This emulator is the only product that is present for displaying Commodore computers on modern operating systems. Vice works with all operating systems. You can use it on Windows, macOS, Linux, and DOS. The binary files of Vice can be downloaded from the official website of Vice.
The port for Windows is called WinVice, which runs on all Windows 10 systems.
Commodore64 (c64) Emulator Windows 10 Download
If you are excited about the vintage computing experience, then be happy because you can download the emulator for free. The steps to download are given below.
- Open your computer.
- Connect to the internet. Your internet connection must be strong, reliable, and stable.
- Now, you must go to http://vice-emu.sourceforge.net/
- At this page, you will find the download link for the emulator.
- So, you must download the emulator and save it on your computer.
How to use the Vice C64 emulator On Windows 10?
The procedure is straightforward, and we will describe it in points.
- You have downloaded the zip file of WinVice.
- Now, you need to extract the zip file on your computer.
- After extracting, you will find X64.exe.
- You need to launch the file on your computer.
- You will see the familiar screen of C64 on your computer. It will be just like the computer in 1982.
- C64 computer supports the BASIC language. That’s why you can run some BASIC commands on it.
- Vice does not have any disks, tapes, or cartridge images. You need to get the images from elsewhere.
- If you have the images, then you can run programs, software, and games designed for C64.
- If you want to attach a disk image, then you need to go to the “File.” And then, you must select the “Attach disk image” from the menu bar.
- Similarly, you can attach tape or cartridge images from the menu bar.
- When you have attached the disk image or tape, then you need to give the “Load” command to the system. It will make available the disk or tape for C64. Without this command, C64 is unaware that you have attached the tape or disk image.
- When loading is successful, then you will see the message that reads “Press play on tape.”
- When you see the message, then you can select the “Datasette control” from the “File.”
- Then, you can select the “Start.”
- This process will be the same as playing a physical tap on the C64 system.
- The C64 will scan the tap and show you the list of programs and games.
- If there is one program or a game, then you can give the “RUN” command for playing the game or running the program.
- If there is more than one program or game, then you can the RUN “Program Name” command for running the application.
- The above method will bring back the old C64v to life. You can enjoy your childhood memories on Windows 10.
Other emulators for C64
C64 has become a cult phenomenon. People are collecting old tapes and disks as a collection. And then, they run it on their systems with the help of emulators, which are readily available on the internet. The other known emulators for C64 are the following.
These emulators are available on the internet. You can download them free of cost. After that, you can run all programs, applications, games, and software designed for C64. The disks and image tapes will not come free for you. You will have to buy the copies of images from a collector. You can find many collectors if you search with the term “Bread box.” Moreover, you can also find disks and tape images from any archive or library. If you are an enthusiast, then you can find plenty of old games by doing proper research. It will take your time.
- Tekken 7 apk Download for Android Mobiles
- How To Beat 2048 Games
- How To Play Ps3 Games on Ps4
- Download and Overclock GPU using Gigabyte OC Guru II
Frequently asked questions
Q1: What is C64.COM?
Ans: It is a site that is online only to preserve the C64 culture. This site is dedicated to providing the relevant data for the users. You can find disk images, tape images, and other things about the C64. If you love C64, then you can find everything on this site, which can include the operating system to the early utilities.
Q2: How much is a Commodore 64 worth today?
Ans: A fully functional C64c with cables is worth around 100 dollars. If the system is untested or uncorking, then it is worth around 35 dollars. You can find a C64 in good condition from the sellers around 100 dollars to 120 dollars.
Q3: What is the best selling personal computer of all time?
Ans: The Commodore 64 is the single most popular computer system ever sold. Released in 1982, the Commodore 64 had a 1MHz CPU and two big draws: a powerful, programmable sound chip and powerful graphics for a 1982 computer. Even better, the Commodore 64 cost a reasonable $595 and had 64KB of RAM. The name of the computer was generated from the quantity of the RAM. Hence the name was given C64 or Commodore 64.