Well, it is fantastic to use a computer. You can play music to entertain yourself while reading a book or doing your monthly budget. And you can watch movies as a leisure activity. But the sole purpose of a PC is to work. Almost all official documents are created by using a computer. When a PC is connected to a network or the internet, then you can download or upload media files or any kind of file. This article is dedicated to the ways to transfer files from one PC to another. So, you must keep reading for more.
- 1 Ways to transfer files from one PC to another PC
- 1.1 Method 1: Transfer files from PC to PC by using a USB drive
- 1.2 Method 2: Transfer files from PC to PC via network sharing
- 1.3 Method 3: Transfer files from one PC to another by using a powerful tool
- 1.4 Frequently asked questions
Ways to transfer files from one PC to another PC
You can transfer files from one PC to another PC by using the following ways.
- Transfer files from PC to PC by using a USB drive
- Transfer files from PC to PC via network sharing
- Transfer files from PC to PC with a powerful tool
We will explain each method with detail. So, you must keep reading for more.
Method 1: Transfer files from PC to PC by using a USB drive
It is the most common method to transfer files and data from one PC to another PC. You will need a USB that can carry data. And you can only transfer data which is less than the capacity of the USB. For complete procedure, you must read the following.
- Open the computer that has files or data you want to transfer.
- When the operating system is fully functional, then you must insert the USB drive into the computer. You can find ports at the back of the desktop. Or it will be on the front side of the desktop.
- Now you must open the USB drive in another window.
- After that, go to the folder that has your required data or files.
- Now, you must copy the files or data.
- Then you must paste the data or files into the USB drive.
- Now, you must unplug the USB correctly. An incorrect unplugging can lead to USB damage.
- Now, you must open the other PC where you want to transfer the files.
- After that, you must insert the USB in the port.
- Now, you must open the USB drive and copy the data.
- After that, you must paste the data into your desired folder.
- It will take a while to copy the data if the file is large.
- Now, you must unplug the USB safely.
- So, you have successfully transferred the data from one PC to another PC.
Method 2: Transfer files from PC to PC via network sharing
It is the fastest and most convenient method to transfer files or data between computers, which are in the same group or domain. This method is recommended if your network speed is good and you need to transfer small files. There are three steps to this method.
Step 1: Make sure both PCs are in the same domain or group
You need to check the domain or group of both PCs by using the following method.
- Open the PC.
- Now, you must go to the control panel.
- Now, you must select the “All control panel items.”
- Then you need to select the “System” from the options.
- You can check the computer’s name, domain, and workgroup in workgroup settings.
- Now, you must repeat the process with the other PC.
- This way, you will know the names, group, and domain of your PC on the network.
- If both computers are not in the same domain or group, then you must contact the administrator to put them in the same group.
Step 2: Configure file sharing in one PC
You need to follow the steps.
- Go to my computer.
- Now, right-click on the file or disk and select properties.
- Now, select the sharing tab in the properties and click on the “Advanced sharing.”
- Now, you must check the box named “Share this folder.”
- Now, you must click on the “Permissions.”
- Now, check the box under “Permissions for everyone.”
- Now, you must click the “Apply” and “ok.”
- Now, again click the “Apply” and “ok.”
You must follow the steps.
- Open my computer and click the network.
- Click the PC name.
- Copy and paste the data to your computer.
Method 3: Transfer files from one PC to another by using a powerful tool
This method is recommended when both PCs are not on the same network. But this is a slow method. And you will need to connect both PCs with LAN. The following are some tools for that.
- Ease US
- PC trans
You will need time and patience because file transfer by powerful tools always takes time. So, be ready for that.
- iEvaPhone Apk and For PC [Unlimited Free Credits and Calls]
- How to Install Bliss OS: On USB, On PC Dual Boot, On Virtualbox
- How To Block A Program In Window 7, 8, 10 Firewall
- How To make a Computer Talk [100% Working]
Frequently asked questions
Q1: Can you transfer files from PC to PC with a USB cable?
Ans: Yes, you can transfer data from PC to PC by using a USB cable. You will need a Microsoft operating system on both PCs. And you do not need to upload the data to any external device. This method is faster than any wireless data transfer method.
Q2: How do I transfer files from PC to PC wirelessly?
Ans: You need to follow the steps.
- Connect both computers to the same WiFi router.
- Enable File and Printer Sharing on both computers. If you right-click on a file or folder from either computer and choose to share it, you will be prompted to turn on File and Printer Sharing. …
- View the Available Network computers from either computer.
Q3: Can I connect my laptop to my PC to transfer files?
Ans: You need to create a local area network by using a router or a hub. Now, you must plug both devices into the router and hub. The rest of the process is to copy the data and paste it on the desired drive or folder. You can also use Windows east transfer application, which is super easy to use.