A lot of Mac users are reporting a problem with their SD card, that it doesn’t show up when they connect it to their Mac computer. If you’re experiencing this problem, you don’t need to worry. And you will be able to fix the problem quite easily using the solutions that we have shown below. You don’t need to use them all; you work your way down the list until you find the one which works for you.
- 0.1 1. Check Your Finder Desktop Preferences
- 0.2 2. Find Your SD Card In The Finder
- 0.3 3. Restart Your Mac Computer
- 0.4 4. Formatting Your SD Card
- 1 RecoverIT Software
- 2 FAQ’s
1. Check Your Finder Desktop Preferences
It may be due to a reason that you may not have enabled the setting. Follow the instructions to enable it
- Click the finder and then click on preferences.
- Make sure external disks is check in the checkbox
- Once you are done, you should be able to see your sd on your desktop.
If you cant see it still, go on to the next solution
2. Find Your SD Card In The Finder
- You can find the sd card in the devices section of the finder.
- Click on Your Mac
- After clicking, you should be able to see your sd card there. If not, go to next step
3. Restart Your Mac Computer
Lots of issues can be solved by just restarting your device. This issue may also be fixed after you restart your Mac computer
- Remove the sd card from the Mac computer
- Restart your Mac computer
- Plug your sd card back into the computer
- Check to see if now it is showing the sd card or not
4. Formatting Your SD Card
There may be a problem that your sd card may not be formatted properly, so your mac computer cant recognizes it anymore. Try to format your sd card and see if the error is fixed. To format your sd card, you need to connect it to a device that will recognize this card, such as a camera or any other computer. And you should back up your data before you are going to format it.
If you experience any data loss issue after doing this, don’t worry. Your data can still be recovered. If you’re not confident enough to perform data recovery yourself, we recommend using RecoverIt. It’s a tool that scans your devices and recovers the lost data from them.
You can also use recoverIT software to fix this error. It is a recovery tool for restoring, scanning, and removing errors. It can be used to fix the bugs in removable devices as well. This tool is capable of recovering various things such as
- Formatted data
The tool has a high success rate in recovery files, and you can even opt for a premium for support from the team. Recoverit can recover any files like documents, pictures, music, videos, and many others. It does not matter whether these files were deleted by accident because of a system crash, virus attack, accidental deletion, or any other unknown reasons.
How To Use RecoverIT
- Download the Recoverit installer from the official Wondershare website.
- Run the installer and let it get installed on the system
- Now, open the tool by clicking on its icon.
The home screen of Recoverit displays all the storage peripherals that are connected to your computer along with all the drives and partitions.
- Now to recover any data, select the appropriate storage in which you want to look.
- Once you select the storage drive, the scanning process will begin, which you can also pause or stop.
- After the scanning is done, you can now preview the file you want to recover by clicking on it.
You can scan your sd card and check whether there is any bug that is interfering with the card, or is there any other alternate problem going on with it.
- Format the card and scan it again to see if its working and showing on your system or not
- [Easy Fix] Camera not working Error MacBook Pro & Air
- How to Rip YouTube Video [Android, iPhone, Mac, Windows]?
- [Easy] Recover Deleted Files on Mac even Emptied Trash
- Avast Passwords: Windows, Mac, Android & iOS
There is a problem sometimes with an sd card that it doesn’t show or connect with any device. In this segment, we discussed why the sd card might not be shown on your Mac and how you can show it up back through four easy methods. If those solutions don’t work for you, then you can go for the alternative of third-party apps, which may help you fix this problem quickly. If this solves your problem, do leave a comment or feedback to tell us which method worked for you. If you have more questions or any issue regarding this, you can contact our online support desk through email or contact number provided on the web.
1. The inputted card doesn’t mount, what to do?
Remove the card gently and then insert it again. Sometimes it is a problem that the sd card won’t mount properly if you put it in the slot too slowly.
2. How do I remove a card from the sd card slow on Mac?
Before you remove the sd card, allow any data transfer from or to the SD media to complete. To eject the card from Mac, drag the icon that shows the card to the Trash. After the icon disappears from your desktop, it means that you can safely remove the card from the slot. Do not remove a card when your Mac is sleeping, as this could lead to a data loss. Always wake the computer and eject the SD card before removing it from your Mac.
3. Are there any size limitations for the cards which can be inserted into the sd card slot?
Yes. The SD card required for a memory card is 32mm by 24mm by 2.1mm. You can also use much thinner cards, such as MultiMediaCards. Avoid using the cards which have a thickness greater than 2.1mm, as they might damage your SD card slot if you try to insert them.