Microsoft Word is a utility software that has become an essential tool for academic and official work. People do all their work on it and there is never been a complaint of errors in this program. But it happens that you are working in the middle of your task and your computer shutdown because of any reason. Then your work is never lost. Microsoft saves your copy after periodic intervals.
In this article, we will tell you about the document recovery feature. You will know the procedure to recover documents on all versions of Microsoft word. So, you must keep reading for more.
- 1 Steps to recover document in MS Word
- 2 Advantages of MS Word
Steps to recover document in MS Word
We will show you the procedure in all versions. The procedure is the same but there are minor differences. So, keep reading further.
Procedure to Recover Unsaved Word Document in Word 2010, 2013, 2016
If you are using the above-mentioned versions, then you must follow these steps.
- You must open your computer.
- Now, you must open MS Word.
- You must click on the “File” tab at the top left corner.
- It will show you many options.
- You must click on the “Info” option.
- After that, you must click on the “Manage versions.”
- It will open a drop-down menu.
- You need to click on the “Recover unsaved documents.”
- Now, you need to select the document you want to recover.
- After that, you need to click on the “Open” button.
- Now, you must click on the “Save as” button in order to save the document in a specific location.
Recover Unsaved Word Document [MS Word 2007 and lower versions]
If you are using MS Word 2007 or lower versions, then you must follow these steps.
- You need to open the File Explorer.
- If you are not sure to open the File Explorer, then you must press the Windows key and R key simultaneously to open the Run dialog.
- Now, you need to type “Explorer” and press the enter key. It will open the File Explorer.
- Now, you need to type .asd in the search bar. Then you need to start searching for .asd files.
- When the search process will complete the task, then it will show you the files you can recover.
- Now, you must select the file you want to recover.
- Now, you must right-click on the file and select the “Open with” from the drop-down menu.
- Now, you must choose Word to open the file.
- You need to choose the “Save as” option at the top right corner of the document.
- Now, you must save the document in a folder.
- Now, you have successfully recovered the document that you have not saved.
Advantages of MS Word
MS Word is an advantageous tool. We will show you the advantages below.
The best this about MS Word is that it is practically available everywhere. All the PCs with the Windows operating systems have Word in it. You can pick a computer and there will be a 00% chance that you find MS Word in it. For students, they can take the document on a USB and do the work whenever they find a computer.
Integration with other Office programs
Another advantage of MS Word is that you can integrate it with other Office tools. If you have a spreadsheet, then you can paste it in a word document. And if you have a Powerpoint presentation, then you can integrate it with Word easily. You will never be in apposition where you have to convert the file into another format just to integrate it in a word document.
MS Word is helping software while working. For example, if you have misspelled the word, then it will underline the word. So, you can correct it. Buy right-clicking on the underlined word, you can choose the right spelling for the word. If you have weak grammar, then Word will show you to correct it. This way you can correct yourself while working. Due to instant help features, companies rely on Word for official documentation work.
MS Word has easy navigation pane. You can move the mouse cursor on the option and it will show you the function. With trial and error, you can find all functionalities of MS Word. Most people do not learn Word from other people and became experts on it by using their common sense and hit and trial method. We think that the navigation pane of MS Word is friendliest among all Office programs.
MS Word allows you to create simple documents like reports and letters. You can choose to remain basic or you can jazz them up with colors. Moreover, you can add clip art, tables, borders, bullet formatting, and many more. MS Word is the most flexible software that you can get for documentation.
- Data Recovery Software For Android Internal Memory Free
- [Easy] Recover Deleted Files on Mac even Emptied Trash
- Easy Ways to recover data from a hard drive?
- Best Way to Recover Deleted Notes on iPhone
Frequently asked questions
Q1: How old is MS Word?
Ans: MS Word is 27 years old. Microsoft released its first version in 1983. Since then it is widely accepted in the world. Now, MS Word is not a technical term but a cultural term. Almost everyone knows what is MS Word. That’s why there is not much need to tell others about the benefits. Everyone understands it by looking at MS Word.
Q2: Who is the founder of MS Word?
Ans: The first version of Microsoft Word was developed by Charles Simonyi and Richard Brodie, former Xerox programmers hired by Bill Gates and Paul Allen in 1981. Both programmers worked on Xerox Bravo, the first WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) word processor.
Q3: What is the current version of Microsoft Word?
Ans: The latest version of Microsoft Office is Office 2019, which is available for both Windows PCs and Macs. Microsoft released the Office 2019 for Windows and Mac on September 24, 2018. The Windows version runs only on Windows 10. If you’re still using Windows 7, Office 2016 is the latest version you can use. You also need to purchase the product key from Microsoft for a full range of features.