Owing a computer is a wonderful thing for a person of any age. But owning is a Mac is more fantastic because you get a top-quality operating system along with the best hardware. However, operating a Mac is a little difficult than a Windows laptop. All the functionalities seem difficult for a new person. Take the example of deleted files. If you deleted some files intentionally or accidentally, then you can recover them from the recycle bin. But Mac OS is a little complex.
In this article, we will show you the ways to recover your deleted files on Mac. So, you must keep reading for more.
- 1 Ways To Recover Deleted Files on Mac even Emptied Trash
- 2 Best Free & Paid data recovery tools for Mac
Ways To Recover Deleted Files on Mac even Emptied Trash
As the absence of a simple procedure in Mac makes it hard for a normal person with little knowledge to recover his data. However, you can try the following methods.
- Recover your files with Time Machine
- Recover your files by using a data recovery software
We will show you each method with detail. After reading this, you will be fully equipped to solve your data loss problem. So, you must keep reading further. It will be beneficial to you.
Method 1: Recover your files with Time Machine
This method is only applicable when you have set up Time Machine on your device and regularly backs up your data on an external storage device. If you have set up Time Machine, then you can recover your files from those backs up. This method is pretty straightforward. And you need to follow these steps.
- You need to connect the storage device with your Mac that you have used for Time Machine.
- Now, you must click on the search option at the top-right of your screen.
- Now, you must type the “Migration” into the search bar.
- It will show you results.
- Now, you must double-click on the “Migration assistant” in the search results.
- After that, you will see the application opening on the screen.
- On the interface, you need to click the “Continue” button.
- A popup box will open on the screen.
- Now, you will be asked to enter the username and password.
- So, you must enter the username and password correctly.
- Now, you must click the “OK” button.
- In the next prompt, you need to select the “From Mac, Time Machine backup, or startup disk.”
- And then you must click the “Continue” button.
- Now, you must select the “Time Machine backup” and click the continue button.
- Now, you must select the backup and click the “Continue” button.
- Now, you must choose the information you want to recover and click the continue button.
- Now, you need to wait for the transfer to complete.
- Now, you have recovered your lost files.
Method 2: Recover your Mac files by using a data recovery software
If you have not backed up your data, then you need to perform data recovery on your Mac. You can try searching for data recovery services in your vicinity, or you can try it yourself. The results will be the same. You can use Recoverit to recover your lost data. We will show you all the steps. So, you must keep reading the information below.
- Open your Mac and connect to the internet.
- Now, you must go to Google and search for the setup file of Recoverit.
- Now, you must download the setup file. It will take a few minutes.
- After that, you must install the software on your Mac.
- Now, you must launch Recoverit on your Mac.
- After that, you must enter the username and password.
- Then you must click the “OK” button.
- Now, you must click the “Deleted files recovery.”
- The application will scan your storage. So, you must wait for the process to complete.
- Now, you need to go where your files are lost. Then you must click the “Recover” button.
- You will need to register the application at this step.
- So, you must register the application.
- After recovering the file, you need to check the integrity of the files.
Best Free & Paid data recovery tools for Mac
We will show you the best data recovery software.
It is a powerful and full-featured application to recover your data from Mac. You will need to buy the paid version. This software provides advanced functions that allow a user to protect his previous data. It does deep scanning and performs it very well without changing system files. And it can support 300 file types. You can have guaranteed data recovery.
It is an open-source freeware product. All users can use it freely without a registration key. Experienced data recovery professionals use this software for recovering sensitive data for customers. But only those people can use it who knows the command prompt. That is a disadvantage which forbids a normal person to use high-quality software.
- Easy Ways to recover data from a hard drive?
- Best Way to Recover Deleted Notes on iPhone
- How to Fix My iPhone Won’t Turn on problem?
- Avast Passwords: Windows, Mac, Android & iOS
Frequently asked questions
Q1: How do I recover deleted files on my Mac for free?
Ans: You can use these following tools. Some are free, and some require a product key.
- Disk Drill. Disk Drill is the free top data recovery app for Mac OS X.
- PhotoRec is not the most powerful free Mac data recovery tool, but it has the advantage of being open source.
- EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac.
- Softtote Mac Data Recovery.
- MiniTool Power Data Recovery.
Q2: Where is recently deleted on Mac?
Ans: It’s simple if you know where to look. Go to File > Show Recently Deleted. You will see all of your deleted photos, with the number of days remaining before each is permanently deleted. It’s similar to the Recently Deleted album in the Photos app for iOS, but the Mac app features no such album on the Albums view.
Q3: How do I restore deleted files?
Ans: You must follow the steps.
- Right-click on the icon on the desktop.
- Choose Open from the context menu.
- Check and select files to recover.
- Right-click on the files you need.
- Choose Restore from the context menu to recover selected files (you can also drag the files directly out of Recycle Bin).