A personal computer is a device that is now a necessity for modern human beings. That’s where our data is present. And we all know the value of data, which is priceless. You have spent countless hours saving that data. But if you no longer access to your data from the hard drive, then there are still ways to recover your data.
This post will shed light on all the ways to recover data from a hard drive. We will also tell you some relevant information. So, you must keep reading further. It would be a great thing to know.
- 1 How to recover data from a hard drive?
- 1.1 Can I recover data from a damaged hard drive?
- 1.2 Do I need professional data recovery service?
- 1.3 Method 1: Hook your hard drive to another computer
- 1.4 Method 2: Download a data recovery tool
- 1.5 Method 3: Bring out the big guns
- 1.6 Frequently asked questions
How to recover data from a hard drive?
Data recovery is absolutely possible. We will tell you the ways. So, you must try them gradually until you find the method to recover your data. These ways can recover data from a damaged hard drive. Here is the detail of the methods.
- Hook your hard drive to another computer
- Download a data recovery tool
- Bring out big guns
But before going into the detail of each method, we would like to present a few answers to prominent questions. So, you must keep reading further.
Can I recover data from a damaged hard drive?
It is absolutely possible. And no one will think you crazy asking that question. Yes, you can recover data from a damaged or erased hard drive. Consider the following things.
- If your hard drive is dead due to a software failure, then the data is still on the hard drive. But you have no access to the data. So, you need to create an access point.
- If you have accidentally deleted the data from your hard drive, then it is still there but hidden from you unless you write something on the hard drive. Then it could not be recovered.
- If your hard drive is physically damaged, then you can still hope for the recovery. But you will need experts to recover data for you.
We have said it all. There are chances to recover data from your hard drive.
Do I need professional data recovery service?
All that depends upon a few things. If your hard drive is making signature clicking, showing mechanical failure, you see broken pins, and that data is crucial to you. Then you need to contact a professional data recovery service. But it will cost you almost a fortune because data recovery is a long time process and no on do it cheaply.
You should show the professionals your hard drive and ask for their options. If your data recovery is easy, then you must do it. But if your data recovery is difficult, then you must decide according to your budget.
Method 1: Hook your hard drive to another computer
You will need a USB drive adapter. It will cost you a few bucks. So, you must buy an adapter. After that, you must follow these steps.
- You must stop using your computer. More you use the computer, then more will be the chance to overwrite your hard drive. And overwriting will make it difficult to recover your data.
- Now, you must remove your hard drive from the desktop or laptop.
- Now, you must connect your hard drive to a working computer by using a USB hard drive adapter.
- If the hard drive shows on the new computer, then your data is fine. You only have to reinstall the operating system on the sick computer. But we advise you to back up your data before reinstalling your operating system.
Method 2: Download a data recovery tool
A data recovery tool is the best way to recover your data. We advise you to use the Stellar data recovery tool. So, you must follow the steps.
- You must download Stellar data recovery.
- After that, you must install it.
- Now, you must run the Stellar data recovery tool.
- Now, you must tick on the data for recovery and click on the “Next” button.
- Now, you must tick the box in front of the hard drive.
- After that, you must click the “Scan” button.
- Now, you must list the data properly.
- After that, you must click the “Recover” button in order to get the files back on the hard drive. You will need the paid version of the tool for that.
- Now, you must browse to select the place you want to store the data.
- Now, you must click the “Start saving.”
- It will take a while to recover your data completely.
Method 3: Bring out the big guns
If all the above steps do not satisfy your needs, then its time to go to the professionals. You can search for data recovery professionals in your city. Or you can contact the manufacturer. But you need to be prepared that it will cost you a large amount of money. So, be ready for that.
Also Check: Best Way to Recover Deleted Notes on iPhone
Frequently asked questions
Q1: How much does it cost to recover data from a hard drive?
Ans: It will depend upon the condition of your hard drive. If your hard drive is in good condition without damage, then it will cost you around $100 plus the time required. If your hard drive is badly damaged, then it will cost you around $300 plus the time required. So, you must expect to spend around $500 on data recovery.
Q2: How can I recover data from a damaged external hard drive?
Ans: You must follow the steps.
- Start R-Studio and locate the damaged disk.
- Scan the damaged disk.
- View the search results.
- Double-click the partition to browse its contents.
- Mark the files and folders you want to recover.
- Preview the files by double-clicking them.
Q3: How long does data recovery take?
Ans: It depends upon the condition of your hard drive. If your hard drive is in good condition, then it will take a minimum of two days. But if your hard drive is in bad condition, then it can take five days. So, you must keep that in mind before hiring a data recovery professional.