Be the best presenter in the digital world, and you will gain fame, popularity, and the following. As a result, your effort will convert into material gain. It’s true for almost any field.
In the online world, a perfectly produced video contains a value that can entertain, educate, and inform. Ultimately, a good video satisfies many purposes. But you also need to record and edit the video before the release. That’s why we are presenting this article to you. You will know the way to use Camtasia. So, you must keep reading further. We assure you a quality read that will not waste your ample time.
- 1 The present point of talk – Camtasia
The present point of talk – Camtasia
Some tools are made to perform only the function of recording. And some tools are there only for editing the recording. But Camtasia joins both functionalities in a single tool. You can record videos with Camtasia. As well as edit the recorded videos. The produced video content then can be used for commercial purposes or and personal use. We will show you the following procedures with acute detail.
- Record screen with Camtasia
- Edit the video with Camtasia
Note: You can use the free version as a practice. But you cannot use the video clips for commercial use.
In this article, we will show you the working of Camtasia 9. If you can understand the workings, then you can also use the previous versions of Camtasia.
Record screen with Camtasia
Now, we assume that you have installed Camtasia on your computer or laptop. That’s why we will start from there. So, you must follow the steps described below.
- You must open Camtasia on your computer or laptop.
- Now, you will see the “New Project” on the interface. So, you must click on it and wait for it to open completely.
- Now, you can press CTRL and R key together to open the recorder. Or you can click on the “Recorder” button to open the recorder. It will open a new recorder window.
- The new window will be at the bottom right of the desktop. You need to click the “Rec” button to start the recording. Or you can press the F9 button to start the recording.
- There will be some features you can choose from on the screen. By putting the cursor on the dot under the “custom,” you can choose to record a custom area on the screen. And by moving the cursor to the dots under the “Camera off” and “Audio off,” you can choose to turn your recorder and camera on.
- When you are done with recording the video, then you must press F10. It will end the video. And you can find the video in the media bin, on the canvas, and on the timeline.
- You can also choose to record the video with or without audio.
Edit the video with Camtasia
Now, you have known the procedure to record the video. So, it’s time to know the editing procedure.
- You can use the space button on the keyboard or click the play button to preview the clip.
- You can trim the clip if you capture any mistakes. So, you must click on the timeline. Now, drag the play head to scrub over the timeline.
- You will see an arrow icon, which indicates that you can drag. If you trim the video more than needed, then you can always drag the arrow to restore back to the original or desired position.
- If you need to edit in the middle, then you must drag the handle on the play head to the section and press the “Delete” button to remove the section. Or you can click the scissors to remove the section.
- You will find a stitched line on the timeline, which will indicate that you have removed the section.
- For putting the play head back together, you can double-click on the play head.
- You can use the zoom slider for having a better look at the recording. This function will show you small details.
- For adding more movements to the clip, you can drag animations to the timeline.
- After the addition of animation, you will see a down arrow on the clip. You can click on the down arrow to see the effect.
- After finishing the editing process, you need to press CTRL and S key together for saving the project.
- A notification will appear on the screen when you save the project the first time.
- Now, you can share the video with others. For that, you have to click the “Share” button. After that, you can choose the path to share the video with others.
- So, you have successfully known the procedure to edit video clips with Camtasia.
- Now, you can produce as many videos as you want.
Frequently asked questions
Q1: Is Camtasia good for video editing?
Ans: Camtasia is a powerful tool for recording and editing videos. It is a good tool for people who never had used any video editing software. You can learn the editing process under one hour. And the interface is friendly. For a beginner in video editing, Camtasia can be good for propagating a career.
Q2: Can you edit mp4 videos with Camtasia?
Ans: There is no simple answer. Camtasia edits some mp4 videos and cannot edit some mp4 videos. It will edit those mp4 videos which have H.264 video codec.
Q3: How do I change the video format in Camtasia?
Ans: You must follow the steps.
- Drag the video file to the Media bin of a new Camtasia Studio project.
- Right-click on the video in the Media bin and select “Add to Timeline at Play head“.
- The video is now on the Timeline.
- Click on File in the main tool menu.
- Choose a name and location and Save.
Q4: What is the best video editing software?
Ans: The following is the list of best editing software.
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC. The best video editing software for Windows.
- Final Cut Pro X. The best video editor you can get for your Mac.
- Adobe Premiere Elements 2019.
- Adobe Premiere Rush.
- Corel VideoStudio Ultimate 2019.
- CyberLinkPowerDirector 17 Ultra.