Xbox is a gaming brand created by Microsoft. It has a series of video game consoles that are initially created by Microsoft. It provides different services such as streaming services as Xbox live, online services, and applications like games and a development arm called Xbox game studios. Xbox is a complete package of a brand that has everything for entertainment that a person may require when he is home. However, there is a chance when this device is not working properly because it is a machine, and you can’t completely trust what’s gonna happen next with the machine.
- 1 Xbox makes noise but won’t turn on
- 2 FAQ’s
Xbox makes noise but won’t turn on
If you are having trouble with your Xbox, such as it is not turning on. Many Xbox One users have had this issue occurring worldwide. This is very annoying, and due to this, you can’t play your Xbox One games because of this issue. But you need not worry because, in this discussion, we are going to provide you different solutions to fix your problem. You can try any of the fixes from the following:
- Check your Xbox power connection
- Reset the power supply
- Check your HDMI connection
- Get your Xbox serviced
- When your Xbox console won’t turn on, the first thing you should check is its power connection. Because sometimes the power cable may be having the issue.
- First, you should check the power cable. Make sure you’re using the right cablefor your console that supports it well, and also check that it should be properly connected to your console and into your power socket.
- Then you can try to connect another device to your power socket and see if the problem is with the socket.
- If you have checked the power connection of the console and everything is just fine, then you may need to move on to the next fix below
There is a chance that maybe the issue is with your Xbox power supply, so you are not able to turn on your Xbox console. To fix this issue, you can try to reset the power supply. Follow the steps to how you can do it.
- First, you need to unplug the power cable from the Xbox console.
- Leave the console on side for at least 10seconds.
- Now, Plug the power cable back into the console. And try to turn it on.
Now your Xbox should turn on and start to work, if it still doesn’t work, don’t worry! Move on to the next step.
There is also a possibility that your Xbox console won’t turn on if it can’t recognize or understand a correct display. It may be due to the display problem. To check if there are issues with the HDMI connection of your console you can do the following
- Try to use a different HDMI cable or switch the HDMI port. This should resolve any problems if you may be having them due to your cable or port.
- If changing the cable doesn’t work, then try your HDMI connection with another TV or a monitor. If there are any problems with your display devices, you should try to get them repaired or replaced in the first place.
If all of the above fixes fail to resolve your problem, you should have your console checked and serviced. You can contact the Microsoft Support or take your console to an authorized service provider and tell them to repair it. The problem may be with your internal chips with the hardware; you can either get the same Xbox fixed or get a new one for yourself.
In this discussion, we learned why an Xbox may not turn on and what possible fixes or solutions you can try on it to turn it on. You will need to replace the cable or check the port. Sometimes it is due to old components that they don’t fit in well with time, and you need to get them replaced. Sometimes, the problem is inside the machine that you cannot understand, but only a technical user can do it. So you can get your Xbox fixed or repaired, or you can either choose it to replace it with a new one to get rid of the tension.
We hope that this info was helpful. We provided possible solutions and fixes for you. You can try to see which works best for you and do give us feedback on which method worked for you. You can contact us on our online support and mail us on the provided email. Or you can review this article in the below comment section.
- [Easy Method]How to Use the keyboard & Mouse on XBOX one?
- How to Fix “My iPhone Won’t Turn on” problem?
- How to Block, Mute or Kick Someone on Discord
- [FIX] Mac OS Could Not be Installed on Your Computer System
1. Why my Xbox turn off unexpectedly?
If your console shuts down unexpectedly, then you can use one of the following solutions.
- The console may have got too hot. Turn your console off, wait for an hour to let it cool down, then turn the console back on and also make sure your console is placed in a cool, well spot for ventilation.
- Troubleshoot your power supply. Go to get online help about how you troubleshoot it
- Change your console settings, so it turns off automatically:
- Turn on your console.
- Press the Xboxbutton to open a guide for you.
- Select Systemand then Settings, go to General and select Power mode & startup.
- Under the Options, set Turn off afteroption to Don’t turn it off automatically.
2. What to do when my screen is blank after I turn it on?
There are many possible reasons why your screen shows blank after you turn on your console.
If it is the case that your TV screen remains blank or black when you turn on your Xbox console, first check your connections
- You need to confirm that both your TV and the Xbox One console are turned on.
- Check whether your TV is set to the correct input signal or not (HDMI).
- Check that the HDMI cable connected to your console and to your TV is secure.
- Also, check that the HDMI cable is connected to the “out into TV” port with the console.
- Then Try plugging the HDMI cable into a different port on your TV.
- Or you can try using a different HDMI cable to connect your console to your TV.
- Then Try connecting your console with a different TV.
- Power cycle your Xbox: Press and hold down the Xbox button for at least 10 seconds to turn off the console for some time, and then turn it on again
3. Why my Xbox shut down during online streaming content?
If your console shuts down unexpectedly while you’re streaming content, try one of the following solutions. You need to Clear persistent storage, which is the Blu-ray data that has been cached on the console. Or you can try a wired connection. Some wireless routers have settings that can easily make your Xbox to shutdown. Try wired connection in case you are using a wireless connection for Xbox live content. This will work for you.