New smartphones are fantastic because you can do many tasks on them. But it happens with almost every user that the phone becomes slow, and a moment comes when it does not start. If that is the case with your iPhone, then you are not alone. This issue is very common. But you should not worry about it because we dedicated our effort in writing this article. We will tell you the ways to fix the problem. So, you must pay attention and keep reading further. You will never regret reading this article.
- 1 iPhone won’t turn on—Solved
- 1.1 Method 1: Charge your phone
- 1.2 Method 2: Hard reset your iPhone
- 1.3 Method 3: Restore your iPhone to factory settings
- 1.4 Frequently asked questions
iPhone won’t turn on—Solved
The problem with your iPhone will be solved by the following methods.
- Charge your phone
- Hard reset your iPhone
- Restore your iPhone to factory settings
You will have to try the first method. Hopefully, it will work. If not, then you should apply the second method. If the second method fails you, then you should try the last method. We are positive that one of the above methods will work for you.
Method 1: Charge your phone
If you are absolutely sure about the power of your iPhone, then hard press the side button. It will turn on. If this method does not work, then you should plug the power cable and charge your iPhone for at least 15 minutes. Then, you must press the side button. It will start. If this also does not work, then you should change the power cable or charger. Hopefully, your iPhone will charge up. Most of the time, a defected cable is the problem in the charging of your iPhone. If all the above tricks, won’t work for you, then you must try the second method.
Method 2: Hard reset your iPhone
If the charging does not work for you, then you should try to hard reset your iPhone. This method will clear out your phone memory, but not the storage. Your iPhone will start after the hard reset. For that, you must follow the steps.
- You must press and rapidly release the “Volume up” button.
- Now, you must press and rapidly release the “Volume down” button.
- Now, you must press the side button and hold it until you see the Apple logo.
- If you are using iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 plus, then you should press the side button and volume up button for at least 20 seconds until you see the Apple logo.
- If you are using iPhone 6, then you should press the side button and home button for at least ten seconds until you see the Apple logo.
- You need to wait for the phone to boot up. It will take a while. So, you must wait.
If all the above techniques do not work, then you must try the following method.
Method 3: Restore your iPhone to factory settings
If the two methods do not satisfy your purpose, then you must restore your iPhone to factory settings. This method will erase your phone memory. But you will solve your problem. So, you must follow the steps.
- Open your computer.
- Now, you must plug the USB cable into the iPhone.
- Now, connect the iPhone with your computer.
- If you are using iPhone 7 or above, then you must press the volume down button.
- If you are using iPhone 6 or earlier, then you must press the home button.
- iTunes will open on your computer.
- When your iPhone appears on iTunes, then you must click on it.
- Now, you must click the “Summary” option.
- After that, you must click on the “Restore iPhone” option.
- Now, you must click the “Restore” button.
- It will erase all your data and settings of your iPhone.
- After that, iTunes will install new iOS on your iPhone.
- When the system finishes the restore, then your iPhone will restart.
- You will see the latest iOS on your iPhone.
An unknown error occurred (4005)
When you restore your iPhone, then you can face an unknown error. In that case, you must do the following workaround.
- You must download and upgrade the latest iTunes version. Your old version is not compatible with your iPhone.
- You should reboot your computer. It can be an issue with your computer, which can be solved by restarting it.
- You should try restoring your iPhone by using a different USB cable or a different computer.
- You should force your iPhone to restart.
- You must make sure that your iPhone is fully charged.
- You must make sure that your iPhone has a minimum of 1GB of free storage. If not, then you must free up space.
- You should use the original Apple USB cable for connecting your iPhone with the computer.
- You should update your computer to the latest operating system.
We are positive that one of the above methods will solve the restore problem.
- Best Way to Recover Deleted Notes on iPhone
- Avast Passwords: Windows, Mac, Android & iOS
- How to see who viewed your Facebook Profile?
Frequently asked questions
Q1: How do you force your iPhone to turn on?
Ans: For force starting your iPhone, you must press the power button and volume button simultaneously. You must hold the buttons until the Apple logo comes on the screen. Force start will not erase your phone memory.
Ans: You must follow the steps.
- Just press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons simultaneously for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. You can let go of both buttons after the Apple logo appears.
- Your phone will go through the usual process of starting up.
- You’ll be back on your home screen.
Ans: You must do the following.
- You must open Settings.
- Then you should go to the General. After that, you must choose accessibility.
- Scroll down to the section labeled INTERACTION and tap on Assistive Touch.
- On the next screen, toggle Assistive Touch to the green On position.
- A white circle with a grey box will appear on the screen. Tap this circle to expand it to a big box on the screen.
- Now, you have a control button.