Discord is an application that lets you freely move around and be a part of multiple servers and communities for an assortment of varying purposes. It allows your PC or mobile to focus most of its resources towards the actual game. This app has millions of registered users according to the record of July 2019, this application is only a few years old, and it seems to have gained such a huge crowd. Discord lets you communicate with others using chats or voices. Through voice channels, you can talk and listen to others very easily.
Hopping in and out from a voice channel in the Discord is very simple. There are no special cases or solutions to do this; you just have to understand which icons are for what and where you can find them. If you are having issues moving or switching out of a voice channel, or you would prefer to stay in the channel, but you want to mute it. We have the solution for you in this guide.
We will talk for both, the android users and the pc users to solve this issue if you have downloaded the Discord for yourself.
Leave Voice Channel Desktop Application Discord
In a desktop application, first, you need to be in a voice server. All you have to do is to get a server and then double-click any of the channels in the room with a volume indicator on its side. If you have valid permissions from the administrator, you will be logged into the voice server and its channel.
Now that you have entered that voice channel, so to leave it:
- Just under where channel names are displayed, you will be able to see a box
- This box provides some information. It shows you that you are connected to a voice channel as well as it will provide a visual representation of your call latency.
- Below this point, it will have server names followed by its channel name like (server name/channel name).
- On its right, you will find the connection information icon and the call connection icon.
- The connection information icon will tell you the area or the region where the discord server is currently connected to in actual real-time.
- It also displays the average ping rate that you are currently getting from that server.
- The call connection icon is for connecting or disconnecting from the voice servers and channels.
- Click on this icon to leave the voice channel.
- While when you are still connected to the voice server, you can swap between all voice channels freely. By simply left-clicking any of the channels.
Sometimes you just want to stay quiet and don’t want to talk to anyone, and don’t want to listen to anyone; you can select to mute a channel in Discord.
From a voice channel:
- Just under the infobox, like in the previous section, you would be able to see your personal box.
- This box basically houses your avatar, and your full Discord name, and also three different icons on to the left.
- By clicking on your avatar, you can choose to display your availability by choosing any one of the four options
- The icons of the Microphone will allow you to mute or unmute your microphone. Headphones icon will mute both your microphone as well as your speakers so that you cant hear no one, and nobody can hear you.
- To mute or unmute your microphone, you simply left-click on the Microphone icon. To deafen yourself from others, click on the Headphones icon.
If you would like to mute or silence the channel, and you also have the proper permissions to do so:
- Right-click on the channel name first and then select the Edit Channel.
- On the left, select the “Permissions.”
- To the right, scroll to “Voice Permissions” and click on the green checkmark on the right of “Mute Members” to mute channel, or on the right of “Deafen Members” to deafen this channel.
- Once changes are made, servers ask to save changes, click confirm.
To completely delete a voice channel from Discord, you just:
- Right-click the channel that you wish to remove.
- From the drop-down box, select the option Delete Channel.
- A dialog box will ask if you are sure. Click on Delete Channel to confirm.
So you now know already how to leave a voice channel on the Discord computer app, you would also want to know how to do it from phone or tablet.
- Tap on the voice channel that you are currently engaged with.
- The mic on the right to your name allows you to mute or unmute your mic.
- Tap on the menu icon to the right of the channel name so that to change the channel and its voice settings.
- At the bottom of the page, there are four icons: Mic icon for mute or unmute, a Headphone icon for deafen, and a Phone icon to connect or disconnect, and the fourth option allows you to adjust the volume and swap it to Speaker mode.
- To disconnect from the voice server or the channel, you can tap on the Phone icon in the right corner.
In this discussion, we discussed how you could easily leave a voice channel in Discord from a desktop app or from a phone or tablet. We hope this info was helpful for you. Do leave a reply or feedback in the comment section.
- Discord tts [On/Off, Funny, Troll, BeatBox]
- Discord Deleted User [How to Know]?
- [Report, Kick, Ban] Someone on Discord?
- [Quick]Disable or Permanently Delete Discord Account
1. Does the Discord show if anyone leaves a server from the channel?
No, it doesn’t show there unless the admin of the server has put up a Bot there to do this. There’s no point to do such; as soon as someone leaves the server, they are gone, and the chat moves on.