Kodi is one of the open-source media players on multiple platforms and in which the Kodi for amazon fire stick is the most popular. It lets you watch free movies, tv shows, live channels, pay per view, sports, events, and much more. Kodi is not available actually on the Amazon app store, so you need it to download from an alternative source such as APK file. Then it will allow you to watch or stream free movies and tv shows. Kodi is highly flexible and customizable too for different operating systems, and it also supports personal video and high definition audio recording. It is also helpful as a home theatre software.
- 1 How to install Kodi on Amazon Firestick Method
- 2 Protect yourself through a VPN
- 3 FAQ’s
How to install Kodi on Amazon Firestick Method
Important to note
The Amazon App Store puts a restriction on unverified apps that you can sideload or install anything in your device without using the official app provided distribution method. It is recommended to use a VPN or any proxy to install such apps.
In this segment, we are going to show you how you can install Kodi in your Amazon Firestick, but first, you should check and guarantee that you are able to install applications from unknown sources. To enable that, follow the instructions
- Open your Amazon Fire Tv Stick
- Go to settings and then select device
- Click on developer options
- Click on option Apps from unknown sources and click on it to turn it on
This option will allow you to install applications from unknown sources, but it may come with a security risk too. So, you need to think carefully before turning this option as on. Now you can install the Kodi on your amazon fire stick. We guide you through 2 easy ways to install Kodi
Install Kodi from the downloader
- On the home screen of your TV, click on the search button
- Type in Downloader and click the result of downloader in the list
- Install the downloader in your firestick
- Open the downloader in fire stick, it will prompt a message saying to grant access to your photos, click on allow
- Type the source URL of Kodi in your downloader to download it. The tv/download is a direct URL link to Kodi.
- Click on the OK button from remote to open the keyboard and then type in the address for Kodi 18.6 if you want the latest version which is on com/kodistable
- If you’re going to install Kodi 17.6, you will type com/k17
- Click on the Go button after typing in the address, and Kodi download will begin.
- Wait for it to download and then start using Kodi.
- Remember that Amazon Fire TV is running on the Android operating system, so select the android release version
- Click on the install button to install Kodi in your Amazon fire TV
- Click Delete to discard or delete the Kodi installation file as this will help you free up valuable space on your Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, or Fire TV Cube
Install Kodi from the ES file Explorer
You can also install the Kodi from the ES file explorer in your firestick. Follow these steps
- Search the ES file explorer from your Amazon fire stick and open the ES File Explorer. You need to download and install it first if you haven’t installed it yet.
- Click on tools and then select download manager
- Now click the +New or the Add button
- Enter the Installation source or URL code, or however, you like to install it.
- Select the Kodi Android installation package and then download it
- After the downloading is complete, open the file, and it will start installing the Kodi in your device
- Go to Firestick and then to Fire TV Cube Home screen, under the Apps and Channels category click the “See All” button
- Highlight Kodi shortcut on the bottom of the screen and click the options button on remote which has three horizontal lines on top of each other and then click Move to Front
- This will move the shortcut of Kodi to the front, and that would be easy for you to access it
Launch the Kodi In your Amazon first stick and then enjoy music videos and streams etc.
Protect yourself through a VPN
We suggest you protect yourself with a VPN when using Kodi to ensure that your Internet Service Provider or the government isn’t logging your streaming activity. If you aren’t using a VPN or a proxy when accessing free or low-cost media, the government, your Internet Service Provider, hackers, and app developers can log into everything that you do online through your visible IP Address. Most cord-cutters use a proxy or a VPN to hide their Internet activity while streaming live movies, TV shows, and channels. It is essential to use a VPN that is fast because we are interested in streaming large size HD files. It is also essential to find one that keeps no logs of what the subscribers access while online.
Amazon is a globally accessible tv on which you can watch tv shows and movies, Kodi is a kind of plugin or a third-party tool for Amazon which enables you to access stream movies and videos for entertainment purposes. In this discussion, we concluded that there are two easiest ways to install Kodi in our Amazon fire stick. We hope this article will help you to install Kodi on your amazon easily.
Leave a comment or tell us if this worked for you or not, also if you have further questions, you can ask us. We have our email and contact provided on the web; we will get in contact with you after you leave a reply or feedback. I hope this information was helpful to you.
- [Quick Way]How To Remove Background Noise With Audacity
- How To Move Steam Games Quickly To Another Drive[Easy Way]
- [Easy Method] How to Reset iphone to Factory Settings
- How to Erase an iPhone [2 Ways]
- How to Rip YouTube Video [Android, iPhone, Mac, Windows]?
What can the Kodi fire stick do?
It can do a lot. You can run Kodi with third-party apps, emulators, and browse the web with Firefox, etc. Just the same about anything that you can do with an Android tablet since that is what the Fire TV Stick is: an Android tablet without a screen.
Firestick remote does not work; the stick is not receiving the signal?
You can use a FireStick remote app. We have had a good luck with the Wukong Remote app. You install the app on your phone and connect it to your FireStick; then, you can use your phone like it’s your FireStick remote. Also, there is a possibility that the FireStick remote’s battery may also have gone dead. If so, you can push in near the indent and slide out. The battery door should easily slide off.
How do you turn off the fire stick?
The Fire Stick can be turned off by easily unplugging it from your TV. Most users put the Fire Stick into sleep mode, from the power options that put the Fire Stick into a low power usage mode, and it can be woken up with a simple press of the remote later. You can unplug the cable; this will turn off the firestick.