Kodi was created in 2003, and it has been upgraded and shaped by more than 500 software developers and more than 200 of translators. It is a software designed specifically by keeping the home entertainment in mind and it is also free to use by the people. It was originally created for Microsoft Xbox for entertainment purpose, but it has continued to evolve into a spawning community of its own. Kodi is managed by XBMC Foundation, and it has been constantly modified by hundreds of coders around the world to upgrade it to the best.
Chromecast is a media streaming device that is plugged into the HDMI port of your TV and casts the video or other media on the screen. You can use your phones, tablets, computers, android devices or laptop, to cast movies, games or music on the screen. Kodi is a popular open-source media player and you can use it to stream videos from it to Chromecast. Using the Kodi to cast a video to your Chromecast connected TV is easy, not hard as it looks like. In this post, we will show you how to use Kodi with Chromecast.
- 1 How to Install and stream Kodi in Chromecast Easily?
How to Install and stream Kodi in Chromecast Easily?
You know that you can’t stream Kodi to Chromecast using an iOS device, because it’s not supported by iOS. So we have the easy guides and alternatives on Android devices or computers.
1. Use kodi on android for chromecast
If you installed Amazon Fire Stick, then you can easily download and install Kodi in your Amazon Fire TV stick. But, Since you have got an Android device, a Google Chromecast and your TV too, you are all set to get started.
There are two methods to cast your Kodi to the Chromecast TV.
Fast and quick way
This is an easy and quick method to use the Kodi with Chromecast, but the drawback is that it may empty up your battery soon. So if you don’t have any problem with that, you should definitely choose this step.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Firstly of all, you have to download the Chromecast application in your device from the official source.
- Run the Chromecast application and follow on-screen instructions to connect.
- Once you are connected, launch Kodi in your device.
- Try to Play some videos or movies in your Kodi.
Then you will see that the video will play on both of your device.
It is quite fast. However, while streaming any video, your Android device will not be available and you wont be able to operate your device during this time, you won’t be even able to pick up any phone call.
User friendly (Long Method)
In this method, there are few more steps relatively compared to the first way, but this is more friendly and easy to apply. You need to follow the easy steps below.
- Download and then install Kodi on your Android device. If you already have the latest Kodi installed on your device, you can skip on to the next step.
- Download and install the ES File Explorer and the LocalCast for Chromecast in your Android device. These two applications are very important to have your Kodi streaming to the Chromecast.
- Then Open ES File Explorer in your device.
- And Go to the Menu and navigate to Settings and select the Display Settings in your ES File Explorer.
- Now Turn on Show the hidden files.
- And then download the .XML file called xml, which is necessary to get things to work.
- Copy this file you just downloaded in your Android device. And search for the directory you save the file in is different, so you should check where you save the downloaded files.
- Go to Android and then Data and open xbmc.kodi and select the Files option and then Kodi then to the userdata, and then paste the copied link of PlayerFactoryCore.xml file in this folder.
- Now launch Kodi from your device and play any video that you like. You will see that the LocalCast for the Chromecast application will start working.
- It will display a prompt message to select Play.
- If you see a notification, press on Play again and then you can stream your Kodi videos to your Chromecast without having any problem.
2. Use Kodi on computer for Chromecast
You can also use the Kodi easily on your computer for your chromecast, Here’s what you need to do:
- Download and then install Kodi in your computer first. If you have installed latest version of Kodi in your computer, you can skip to the next step.
- You must have installed Google Chrome browser in your computer.
- Then you need to install the Chrome Cast Extension or any other cast extension into your Chrome browser.
- Once you have installed it, then select the Cast option from the extension.
- Select the option saying Cast entire screen.
- After that, you will notice that your entire computer screen will start to stream with your connected TV.
- Open Kodi from your computer and play any video that you want to and keep enjoying further on.
Kodi is software that enables you to watch or enjoy multiple entertainment sources from the web. Chromecast lets you connect tv and other devices to share the screen and data resources. In this discussion, we learned that how we can install and stream the Kodi in Chromecast easily that is applicable to multiple devices such as android devices or computers or any other such devices. Each of the device such as connecting to computer or the android phone followed a different procedure and that makes it easier to use kodi with the Chromecast.
We hope that this article was helpful for you and it solved your problem, it you still have any questions you can contact us on our mail or the given number. We will appreciate your feedback and will also answer your further questions.
- [Quick Method]How to install Kodi on Amazon Firestick
- Vice Emulator: Play C64 Games on Windows 10
- Amazon Prime [Membership, Video Quality, how to use?]
- ViewSter Review [app, movies, anime]
Can you use the Chromecast with a remote?
Some TV remotes do support the basic controls such as play or pause etc. for Chromecast through HDMI-CEC within certain apps. Because the Chromecast doesn’t have a TV-based menu system of its own, a remote wont be of much good to you. Google’s Android TV platform offers the same features of Chromecast, and also the apps that you can control with a remote. Android TV devices such as Nexus Player, Nvidia Shield, and Razer Forge might be of your help
Can I mirror my display on the big screen using Chromecast?
Mirroring can be useful for watching the content that doesn’t support Chromecast, because it does have some downsides: that are The quality of the stream can be sometimes unreliable, and it also does great damage to the battery life. There’s no way to mirror from iOS devices because they don’t support screen mirroring function. Whereas, the Laptops and desktop PCs can mirror any opened tab in Chrome browser with the Google Cast extension installed. There is no alternative way for the iOS devices to mirror the display.