Sometimes it happens that you are writing a text to your friend and send an imessage but when you tap Send, you see a notification saying “Cannot send this message, imessage needs to be enabled to send this message” this message means that you are currently unavailable to send any messages at the moment due to some problem
- 1 You can try these Methods To Fix iMessage Needs To Be Enabled To Send Messages
- 1.1 1. Enable Or Re-enable iMessage On Your iOS
- 1.2 2. Check The System Status Of iMessage
- 1.3 3. Delete Your Current Chat Threads And Start A New One
- 1.4 4. Reset Network Settings On Your iOS
- 1.5 5. Signing Out and Signing Into Your iMessage Account
- 1.6 6. Reset All Settings
- 1.7 7. Fix The iOS Bug Without Any Data Loss
- 1.8 8. Restore Your iOS Device Using Recovery Mode With iTunes
- 2 How to Enable iMessage
- 3 Conclusion
- 4 FAQ’s
You can try these Methods To Fix iMessage Needs To Be Enabled To Send Messages
You don’t have to worry, its an easy problem to be solved, follow the instructions below step by step to find your solution
1. Enable Or Re-enable iMessage On Your iOS
First of all make sure the imessage is enabled in your iOS device, it might be turned off somehow. Don’t act surprised. You can re-enable it by the following method
- From your device tap on settings and then select messages option
- Then you see an imessage option, see if that’s not turned on tap on it to turn it back on and it should become green
- If its already on, then tap it to turn off and then again tab it to re-enable it
- After you have done go back to your message box and see if your imessages are being sent or not. If it still doesn’t work then move on to the next step.
2. Check The System Status Of iMessage
There may be a problem that the imessage server is down due to some reason, it will prompt the same message then “imessage needs to be enabled to send this message” you can check the system status from the official apple website. If it is the actual problem then wait for Apple to fix this problem.
3. Delete Your Current Chat Threads And Start A New One
This error may also occur if your imessage chat thread is corrupt, you can delete current threads which might remove the problem
- From your device, tap on the messages icon and tap edit in the messages window
- Tap on the message or thread that you may have the problem with and then press delete
- Once you do this, start a new chat thread with a specific person and try to send your message to see if it works for you.
- If your message is sent to your friend, then it is great. If still not, then go to the next step
4. Reset Network Settings On Your iOS
iMessage greatly relies on network connections to work correctly, if the network connection isn’t working or is stuck. You might receive this error. In that case, you can reset the network settings on your iOS with the following steps
- Tap on settings and go to general and press reset option
- Tap the Reset network settings option and enter your passcode when it asks from you
- Your iOS device would restart, after the reboot, you have to connect it back to the internet and try to send your iMessage again to check if it works. If it still doesn’t work you can go on to the next step below and follow the instructions
5. Signing Out and Signing Into Your iMessage Account
This method would help you fix this error. Try to log out of your imessage account and then log in back into your account. This process resets the imessage settings and your error may get fixed. Follow these steps
- Again tap on settings and go to message options and then send and receive the option
- Tap on Apple id and then sign out from it
- Sign in with your Apple account and then try to send a message on your imessage
6. Reset All Settings
After resetting the above settings, if still, you are unable to start the conversation again in iMessage, you can go try this method. This will cause you to reset your settings to default. The steps are given below.
- Go to ‘Settings option‘ and then tap on ‘General‘.
- Go to ‘Reset’ and then press ‘Reset All Settings’.
- On prompt, enter your password or passcode required and then tap again on ‘Reset All Settings’.
7. Fix The iOS Bug Without Any Data Loss
If the above solutions don’t work for you then You can also fix the iOS issue with the help of a third-party tool and the tool which is mostly recommended is iMyFone D-Back. It is compatible with all iOS devices and iOS versions. It is basically a data recovery tool, that contains a special feature namely “Fix iOS System”. This tool has the following key features
- Many of the iOS issues can be fixed with this tool, such as stuck on /white screen/recovery mode, or iTunes errors, freezing issues, device not turning on, and so on.
- There are three different modes in the “Fix iOS System” feature whose work is to fix multiple iOS issues without any data loss.
- The tool supports to recover 20+ types of data.
8. Restore Your iOS Device Using Recovery Mode With iTunes
Restoring the device using iTunes wipes away all the data, it often comes out as a helpful solution in many problems and therefore we will suggest you try this method for the iMessage error too. For more efficient results, you need to restore your device from iTunes using the recovery mode. Don’t need t worry if you don’t know the steps. Follow the instructions below.
- Launch the iTunes and connect your device to the computer using a digital cable.
- Now, start to force restart your device depending on the model you use. Press the ‘Power‘ and ‘Home‘ button together until you go into the recovery mode, if you use iPhone 6 and below models. For any iPhone 7/7 Plus, press the ‘Volume Down’ button instead of the ‘Home‘ button and wait for it to load the recovery mode screen. iPhone 8/8 Plus/X users need to press the ‘Volume Up’ button and release it quickly, then press the ‘Volume Down’ button and release it quickly too. And at last hold down the ‘Power’ button for seconds until the recovery mode screen gets visible.
- Your device will be then detected by iTunes and a pop-up window will show on the computer screen. Choose the ‘Restore iPhone or the device you are using” and get the process done.
How to Enable iMessage
There is a different method for each ios device to enable iMessage on it, we have explained each one below:
how to enable imessage on iphone 11 and 11 pro
To enable the iMessage on iPhone 11 and 11 pro check follows below steps:
- Go to your iPhone settings
- Then click on the messages setting
- On the top in messages setting you can see the option for iMessage
- click on iMessage gear to activate it.
- you’re done!
how to enable imessage on iphone XR
It’s quite similar to iPhone 11 and 11 pro to enable iMessage.
- visit settings of your iPhone XR from the home screen
- then tap on the messages option in setting
- toggle the iMessage switch, showing in messages setting option.
- you’re done!
how to activate imessage with phone number
There’s no special method to activate message with the phone number, you need to follow the same above mentioned steps to enable iMessage option.
imessage won’t activate
If you are getting the error “iMessage won’t activate ” then check your phone services permissions, you need to allow your iPhone to use the front camera and messages. once you allow these permissions, your imessage will get activated.
We hope this article will help you fix the error, feel free to contact as if you have more questions
iMessage is a messaging app on iOS devices such as iPhone etc. through this app you can easily send a text to your friends, family and everyone else. There is sometimes an error caused in it saying iMessage needs to be enabled to send this message. It might be turned off due to some reason or some other app involvement. You don’t have to worry, we provided you basic solutions to solve this problem if you still have any problem or these solutions doesn’t work for you, let us know. We will try to bring you more. If you fix this error on your own, do share the solution with us which might be helpful for others as well.
- [Easy Fix] Camera not working Error MacBook Pro & Air
- [Easy Method] How to Reset iphone to Factory Settings
- [Qick Way] How To Erase Your iPad?
- [Easy Fix] iPad Screen Won’t Rotate
I can’t send or receive a message on my Apple Watch, Why?
If you cant send or receive messages, check Do Not Disturb or Airplane Mode icons on your watch, you need to turn these settings off in Control Center. Touch and press the bottom of the watch face for some time and, wait for Control Center to show, and then swipe up. Tap the Do Not Disturb and Airplane Mode icons to turn them off in the settings. Even when your iPhone isn’t connected or powered on, you can send and receive iMessages on Apple Watch when it is connected to Wi-Fi. Make sure it connects to a network or cellular device.
I am getting an error when I try to activate my imessage or face time on iOS. What to do?
You have to Make sure that you’re connected to cellular data or a Wi-Fi network. If you’re using an iPhone, you will need SMS messaging to activate your phone number with iMessage and FaceTime. Go to Settings and then General and then into Date & Time and make sure that your time zone is already set correctly. Then turn off and restart imessage and facetime from your settings and restart the device