You must be in search of the methods that are helpful to fix “Can’t connect this network.” But, now you don’t need to search anymore as I have found some effective ways that will help you to fix this problem. Basically, the “can’t connect this network” is regarded as one of the biggest problems. This issue is faced by Windows users. Internet is becoming the fundamental necessity and when you are denied access to connect to no apparent reasons. The methods that I am telling in this article are the most culprits of this problem.
- 1 Methods to fix Can’t connect this network
- 1.1 Uninstall your network Adapter
- 1.2 Update Wireless network adapter Drivers
- 1.3 Change Channel width for your network adapter
- 1.4 Power cycle your router or modem
- 1.5 Run The Windows Troubleshooter
- 1.6 Change Network key (security/Encryption)
- 1.7 FAQ
Methods to fix Can’t connect this network
Now I am telling you the 7 best methods to fix can’t connect this network on Windows.
- Uninstall your network adapter
- Update your wireless network adapter Drivers
- Power cycle your router or Modem
- Run the Windows troubleshooter
- Try to change the Network Selection Key (Security/Encryption) from WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK to WPA2-PSK with TKIP/AES with the help of your wireless adapter
Uninstall your network Adapter
If you can not connect to a wireless network on Windows 10, the problem is with your wireless adapter and its solution is to uninstall its driver and allow Windows 10 to install them again. Follow the steps:
- Press Windows key+X and select device manager from the list.
- When the device manager starts, locate your network adapter and right-click on it.
- Select uninstall option, of asked check Delete the Driver Software for this device and then click OK.
- After this process Driver has been uninstalled.
Update Wireless network adapter Drivers
In this method, we are telling you the steps that how you can manually update the network adapter drivers to solve this issue. In most of the cases, this problem is occurred by outdated network adapter Drivers. Follow these steps:
- Press Windows+X key to invoke the menu.
- Choose a device manager from the list.
- In list select network adapter.
- Right-click on the adapter and after that tap on “update driver software“.
- From the given list select “Search automatically for updated driver software” and proceed.
The driver begins downloading and install itself. Restart your computer if it can not find the driver.
Change Channel width for your network adapter
Windows 10 can’t connect to this network message sometimes occurs if the channel width of your wireless adapter is not set properly. To change the channel width Follow these steps:
- Press Windoes+S key and enter type network. Select a network and sharing center from the list.
- When network and sharing center open, click the change adapter settings.
- Now locate your wireless adapter and then right-click on it. Select properties from the main menu. When properties Windows open navigate advanced tab.
- Select the 802.11 channel width and change the value.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Also Check: How To Fix Werfault.exe error in Windows 10
Power cycle your router or modem
In this method now I am telling you how you can fix the problem simply by turning your router off for some time and after that try to connect again.
- Press and hold the power button at the back of the router to turn it off.
- Now, be patient for almost 30 minutes and before turning it on again.
When the network will start showing on your WiFi connection in the search list, then try connecting with it again and check if the problem is solved or not.
Run The Windows Troubleshooter
To run Windows troubleshooter follow these steps:
- Press windows+R key and write control panel in the Run dialog and left-click. Now head towards the control panel bar that is located at the top right-hand side of the window. Type troubleshooter and click enter.
- From the search results choose to troubleshoot.
- Now move over the hardware or sound panel by one click on it.
- There you will see an option named “Hardware and devices.” Tap on it.
- From the hardware and sound tab click on configure a device.
- Download the network from your manufactures web and save them on desktop.
- Press windows+R key and type MSC in the run dialog.
- Now find your network adapter under the Network adapters section.
- Select properties from the given list and then move to the driver tab.
- follow on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
- Go to the driver that you downloaded. Right-click on it and choose. Move over to compatibility.
- Find checkbox behind the “Run this program in compatibility mode for” option and choose “Windows 7“
- Now you need to open the driver file. After that select “Run as administrator” from the dropdown list.
- Now restart
I hope that this method can solve your issue if not then try the next method and continue to read this article.
Change Network key (security/Encryption)
WEP also is known as Weird Equivalent Privacy or WEP is the algorithm that was compatible with all the operating systems before the arrival of Windows 8. and onwards, Microsoft removed the support for WEP and WPA-PSK. If you use a network connection that contains WEP or (WPA-PSK) then you are not able to connect to it. Follow these steps to confirm this
- Press windows+A key to invoke the action center.
- Select settings from the given list.
- Then right-click on Network and Internet.
Can’t connect to this network after password-change?
- Open Windows and sharing center. Select change adapter settings.
- Locate your wireless adapter and click on it.
- Click the configure button and go to the wireless network tab.
- Now delete your network Preferred lists of network.
- Save the changes
Can’t connect this network windows 7
Basically, Windows 7 comes with a built-in troubleshooter that you can use to repair a broken network connection.
- Select start Control panel Network and internet.
- Click Fix a network link.
- Now Click the link for the type of network connection that is been lost.
- work your way
How you can reset your network adapter windows 7?
It all depends upon tye settings of your device, you might be asked to provide an administrator password before you continue a black box with a flashing cursor will open. This is known as the command prompt. Now type “netsh” and then click on the enter key on your keyboard. That’s it this is the method to reset network adapter on windows 7.
I hope that you will find this article helpful. If you have any questions regarding this topic or if you are facing issues with your device or network then try discussing them in the comments.