Discord is an application that lets you freely move around and be a part of multiple servers and communities for an assortment of varying purposes. It allows your PC or mobile to focus most of its resources towards the actual game. This app has millions of registered users according to the record of July 2019, this application is only a few years old, and it seems to have gained such a huge crowd. This can also be installed on a PS4 to play games or for multitasking purposes. The Discord app is so popular among the gamers that it doesn’t need any introduction. It has about millions of users all around the world, and it stands as one of the best platforms for audio, video, image, and text communication between multiple users.
You may have the idea that Discord app can be installed on a PC and various other platforms. But the questions can it be used on a PS4 console too? In this discussion, we will help you set up your PlayStation 4 so that you can easily talk with your friends on Discord when playing your favorite games on the console.
Using Discord on PS4
The users of Discord all over the world, send messages and emails to the Discord’s official Support page, to ask the developers to make the PS4 version of the Discord app because the current Discord app doesn’t support the ps4, but there is a possibility that in the near future, it may have the app suitable for the ps4.Since the Discord dashboard pays close attention to its community’s requests and complaints, there is a chance that we can get the official Discord app for PlayStation 4 and many other consoles. But there’s still a way to use Discord on your PlayStation 4, but you must have all the necessary equipment needed. This could take much longer to set up, but it will be worth it.
So first of all, you need to purchase a headset that has an optical cable with it, which supports the USB connections. You will also need a mixamp or a similar device to switch the audio between your PC to PS4. For example, you can use an A40 TR headset with a mixamp PRO TR as they are a great combination for this type of setups along with (3.5mm Male to Male, 3.5mm Aux Splitter, 3.5mm to 3.5mm with Volume).
Steps To get Discord on PS4
Once you have got all the items necessary for it, it’s time for you to set everything up. To start connecting your PS4 console with your mixamp, follow these steps.
- Turn on your PlayStation 4 console.
- Then connect one side of the optical cable to the PlayStation 4, and the other to the back of the mixamp. You should also make sure that the mixamp is set to the Console mode. If you have connected everything, then your headset will be assigned as a USB device, and you will see a message on the screen that tells you about this.
- Then navigate to your PlayStation 4’s Settings.
- And scroll down and select the Sound and Screen option.
- Select the Audio Output Settings from there.
- Select the Digital Output Port and change it to the Optical. Dolby 5.1 channel is recommended.
- Then you can select the Audio Format and choose the Bitstream (Dolby).
- Go back to the Settings screen and select Devices from there.
- Open the Audio Devices.
- Make it sure that Output to Headphones is set to Chat Audio.
Now, it is time that you connect everything to your PC.
- Power on your pc.
- Plug one side of the USB cable into mixamp, and the other side into your PC. Make sure that the mixamp is now in a PC Mode.
- Then open the Discord app on your computer.
- Then navigate to the Settings.
- Select the Voice option.
- Select the headset that you are using from the input panel.
- Leave the Output Device set to as Default.
- Click on done to finish the process.
You will be able to talk freely through your Discord with the current settings at the same time. You also should keep in mind that playing any other audio on your computer will become inaudible for you in this case. This is because the PlayStation 4 is taking the primary audio source on the mixamp. But there is a solution for this too.
First of all, you need a plug a 3.5 to 3.5mm cable into the Speaker port of your PC and then into the AUX port on your mixamp. Then you should change the Output Devices from step number 7 to the Speakers, and your problems are solved problem solved.
- How to Block, Mute or Kick Someone on Discord
- Vice Emulator: Play C64 Games on Windows 10
- How To Beat 2048 Games
- Best Flight Simulator Games for Android, iOS and PC
In this discussion, we discussed that Discord could not be installed on ps4, but you can use it through possible alternative solutions. There are various ways to set up Discord on the ps4 with the help of a pc and a USB connection wire that can create a connection between both. Its an easy fix, and you should be able to use your Discord on ps4.
We hope this info was helpful, if you have more questions, ask freely. Do leave a comment or reply with feedback to rate this post.
1. How can I use headphones with remote play with ps4?
You can output through ps4 with a Dualshock headphone with the following steps
- Plug your Headphones into the PS4 Controller.
- Then hold the PlayStation Button.
- Select the Adjust Devices.
- Turn on All Audio Output options.
2. Can ps4 use Discord?
Yes, but on PlayStation 4 it is a bit trickier: because the PS4 does not have an official Discord integration, but you can get a third-party developer help that has created a Discord app that will show you your PS4 activity, similar to how the Discord app does it on its own platform. So to use it, first download the PlayStationDiscord app on your computer.