In this article, I am going to discuss disabling Microsoft compatibility Telemetry windows 10. Read this article till the end. Many Microsoft users face this error consequently. Follow the steps below to disable this error in the right way. Windows 10 provides its users with a vast range of useful features along with some unknown features as well. But Microsoft is the planner, that plans and delivers that Windows 10 operating system.
The compatibility service is one of them. It is a feature that collects information on the user activity and then it delivers that information to Microsoft. This feature gets enabled by default. very best, but in most cases, it causes a lot of trouble such as Microsoft high disk usage problem and privacy issues as well. So In many cases Microsoft compatibility telemetry e.g. compattlerunner.exe needs to disabled.
- 1 What is meant by Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Windows 10
- 1.1 Levels of Telemetry
- 1.2 Methods to fix Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Windows 10
- 1.3 FAQ
What is meant by Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Windows 10
Microsoft Windows Compatibility Telemetry is a tool that gives you the data from all the Windows Devices and it tells you about how your device is performing and it also covers all the information about the device and related software. Microsoft gathers all the information from computers, combines it and then uses the data to improve its services along with windows and enhance the user experience to keep windows secure and protect. The functions include:
- First, keeps the Windows secure, performant and reliable
- Keeps windows to the latest version
- Allows to Personalize Engagement surfaces of the windows
- Analyzes the use of the Windows and helps in its Improvement
Levels of Telemetry
Now I am going to tell you about the levels of telemetry. So there are four levels of telemetry:
In the first level, the Telemetry data collected is required to keep the windows device secure. Telemetry data is stored and it is available in windows 10 Enterprises, Windows loT Core, Windows 10 Education editions.
In the second level, you will be provided with a minimum set of data which is required to identify its problem. The telemetry data is minimum at this stage.
In the third level, telemetry data gathered and tells how the users use Windows and its apps. Microsoft Compatibility data at this level helps Microsoft with improvement for user experience.
The last level gathers complete information i.e, data from all the above levels. Also, it collects any additional data required for the identification and fixing the issues.
Methods to fix Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Windows 10
Now I am going to discuss the best four methods to fix Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Windows 10. Following are the methods that you can use to fix this issue.
- Through group policy editor
- Using command prompt
- Using Registry Editor
- Through Diagnostics Tracking Service
Also Check: How To Fix Werfault.exe error in Windows 10
Through group policy editor
Most of the users are facing Microsoft Telemetry high disk usage problem, then you can overcome it by disabling the compatelrunner.exe Microsoft Compatibility telemetry services.
- Click the Windows+R key to invoke the run command.
- Type gpedit.msc in the Run window and click ok.
- In the local group policy editor will open, click on Administrative Templates, within Administrative templates, locate windows component and right-click on it. After this click on data Collection and preview built options.
- Double click on Allow Telemetry.
- Now select the disabled option and click ok.
Using Command Prompt
You can also Disable or fix the Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Windows 10 by using the Command Prompt method. In this method you need to type the commands in the CMD windows, when you write a command then click enter after every command.
- Click Windows+R key to open the run windows. Type CMD and click enter.
- In the Command Prompt Window, Select Run as administrator option.
- Now enter the following commands. The one thing that you perform is clicking Enter after every command.
- sc delete DiagTrack.
- sc delete dmwappushservice.
- echo”> C:\Programdata\Microsoft\Diagnosis\ETLLOGS\AUTOLOGGER\AUTOLOGGER-DiagTrack-listener.etl.
Also Check: YouTube 500 Internal server error [Solved]
Using Registry Editor
The third method is very best than the other two. In this method, you can also use to disable this problem, if you are an individual user working from home and the windows 10 version running on computer or laptops do not ship with the group policy Editor. Follow these steps:
- Open the Registry editor.
- Now navigate to the below-given key. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\POLICIES\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\Data collection
- This section, you need to create a new DWORD of 32-Bit and name it as Allow Telemetry and then assign it a 0 value. After completing this step Telemetry will be disabled.
- The one thing that you perform is you need to disable the connected user experience and telemetry service.
- Now click on the connected user experience and telemetry service and choose to disable from the startup type option.
Through Diagnostics Tracking Service
As we know the windows compatibility telemetry works to improve the user experience with Microsoft if you wish you can close this feature and are free not to participate in any feedback process. By Fixing the operating system. Follow these steps:
- First, you need to run the services a desktop app.
- In the services list, look for Diagnostics Tracking Service and open the Property Sheet of the same.
- Go to property window, click on the general tab, and choose Disable within the startup type.
Also Check: HTTP Error 503 [Fixed]
What is Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry High CPU?
The Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry is a safe process that runs as CompatTelRunner.exe to collect and send usage and performance data to Microsoft. The described file will also help Microsoft to identify compatibility problems and ensure compatibility when installing the latest Windows OS version.
How do you turn off Windows 10 telemetry?
On the run command Window, type service.MSc and click on the ok button. In the services window, scroll down and double click on Connected user experience and Telemetry. On the next screen disable connected user Experiences and telemetry by settings startup type to Disabled.
I hope that you will find these methods helpful in fixing the error. You just need to follow these steps properly and your problem will be solved. If you have any questions regarding this topic then do let me know in the comments section.